From: John Stone (johns_at_ks.uiuc.edu)
Date: Tue Jun 25 2002 - 12:49:54 CDT

Hi,

On Tue, Jun 25, 2002 at 10:18:47AM -0700, Chris Upton wrote:
> Just to let you know that there's a lot of interest in the Mac OSX
> version..... especially one that doesn't need a lot of UNIX knowledge
> to install.

Yeah, I've been working with our group members here to come up with a
new "application bundle" version of VMD on MacOS X which won't require
any special installation, it'll "just work", and will work more similarly
to normal MacOS X applications. It takes a lot of work to get all of this
setup the first time, but I'm hoping we can get it going soon. As soon as
we have an application bundle version, I'll announce to VMD-L so people
can test it. This should completely eliminate the issues with attaching
resources to the binary and all of that...

Thanks for the feedback!