From: John Stone (johns_at_ks.uiuc.edu)
Date: Tue Jun 25 2002 - 15:00:36 CDT

Hi,
  I believe that your problem may be a bug in the older version
of our Gromacs trajectory reading code, from the way you desribed it....
Can you try doing this with the new VMD 1.8 alpha 16 version and let us
know if you still encounter the same problems?

Yes, you can save a PDB file of a particular frame from your trajectory.
This is done within the "edit" menu in the old versions of VMD, and
from the "save trajectory" menu in the new 1.8 alpha versions of VMD.

Let us know if you need more help with this. Sorry for the delayed
reply, I've been swamped with email. :)

Thanks,