From: John Stone (johns_at_ks.uiuc.edu)
Date: Tue Apr 09 2002 - 13:02:21 CDT

Dear Ricardo, and VMD-L,
  If you have an X-PLOR ascii format EDM file, then the "readedm"
script provided in the VMD script library should do the trick.
There are many utilities available on the internet for converting
between EDM map file formats, so if you have a file in a different
format, you could either write a new EDM reader script for your format,
or you could use one of the utilities out on the net to convert the map
file into the X-PLOR format. We intend to write some more map file readers
when time permits. If people have a suggested favorite map file format
that they'd like to see supported, send us a note and we'll use this
feedback to decide what format to work on next.

The "readedm" script is available here:
  http://www.ks.uiuc.edu/Research/vmd/script_library/scripts/readedm/

You'll need VMD 1.7.1 (or newer) to use it.

There are also other scripts for loading volumetric/cube data files
that you might find interesting:
  http://www.ks.uiuc.edu/Research/vmd/script_library/volumetric.html

Thanks for using VMD,