From: Justin Gullingsrud (justin_at_ks.uiuc.edu)
Date: Thu Oct 25 2001 - 11:46:02 CDT

If you're using Fltk, the easiest way to proceed is to subclass the new
VMDFltkMenu class. You can also create Tk menus which will be treated
just like Fltk menus by adding a few extra lines to your Tk code. For
examples of the former, look at MainFltkMenu or GraphicsFltkMenu (in the
current source code); for the latter, look at zoomseq.tcl in scripts/vmd.

I'm not sure which button you are referring to in your email, but if you
subclass as above and add the menu to the menu list in VMDinitUI, you
should be in good shape.

For Fltk, I'd recommend using the VMDFltkMenu approach rather than adding
to fltk_ui.C, because fltk_ui uses the forms-compatibility approach which
is (IMHO) not nearly as nice to work with as the C++ API.

Justin

--
Justin Gullingsrud      3111 Beckman Institute
H: (217) 384-4220       I got a million ideas that I ain't even rocked yet...