From: John Stone (johns_at_ks.uiuc.edu)
Date: Tue Oct 30 2001 - 16:15:33 CST

Dear VMD-L,
  I thought some readers might be interested in one of our other
molecular visualization projects here, JMV, a Java3D-based molecule
viewer. I'm making the first public announcements of the software
today, and would like to invite interested people to give it a spin
and tell us what you think about it. The announcement information
is attached below.

Thanks,
  John Stone
  jmv_at_ks.uiuc.edu

JMV 0.7 Announcement http://www.ks.uiuc.edu/Development/jmv/
The Theoretical Biophysics group at the Beckman Institute For
Advanced Science and Technology, the University of Illinois (U-C),
is proud to announce the public release of JMV 0.7. JMV is a
molecule viewer program/component written in Java and Java3D.
JMV is designed to be an easy-to-use, platform neutral, molecular
visualization tool, which can be used standalone or integrated into
a larger program. JMV provides several molecular representations,
multiple coloring styles, lighting controls, and stereoscopic rendering
capabilities. JMV loads PDB files over the web, from the RCSB protein
databank, from BioCoRE filesystems, and from local filesystems.
The JMV interface can be customized by users, and can be disabled
for web-based presentations of molecules to save browser space.

Pre-built JMV applets, the full JMV source code, examples, and
documentation are available free of charge from the JMV home page:
  http://www.ks.uiuc.edu/Development/jmv/

JMV development is supported by the NIH National Center for Research Resources.

For Further Information
-----------------------
  Please visit the JMV web site for more information:
    http://www.ks.uiuc.edu/Development/jmv/

  JMV can be used to visualize structures within our BioCoRE
  collaborative research environment:
    http://www.ks.uiuc.edu/Research/biocore/

  JMV is based on technologies originally developed in our
  flagship molecular visualization and analysis tool VMD:
    http://www.ks.uiuc.edu/Research/vmd/

For problems, questions, or suggestions, send e-mail to 'jmv_at_ks.uiuc.edu'.

  JMV Development Team
  Theoretical Biophysics Group
  University of Illinois and Beckman Institute
  405 N. Matthews
  Urbana, IL 61801

TB Group: http://www.ks.uiuc.edu/
     JMV: http://www.ks.uiuc.edu/Development/jmv/