From: Ignacio Fernández Galván (jellby_at_yahoo.com)
Date: Wed Jun 27 2007 - 02:07:23 CDT

> This is possible too, but adding new fonts also represents a fair
> amount
> of work. For now, I'd prefer to complete the work that I've started
> and
> see if that ameliorates the problem for most people, and we can go
> from there
> if there's still a strong need for a better solution for text
> rendering in
> the external renderers. I'm going to be out of the office for two
> weeks,
> but I hope to get back to this when I return.

Another possibility/workaround would be to render the images as usual,
with no text, and then render just the text with transparent background
in a different file (which I think is not possible now, but could
probably be done without too much work). Images and text can be
combined with, for example, Image Magick's composite. There might be an
additional advantage to keeping images and text separate. This could be
a little more problematic when creating a movie automatically, but I
generate the frames and then create the movie manually (with mencoder)
anyway, which is more flexible and gives higher quality.

Inbox full of unwanted email? Get leading protection and 1GB storage with All New Yahoo! Mail. http://uk.docs.yahoo.com/nowyoucan.html