From: John Stone (johns_at_ks.uiuc.edu)
Date: Tue Jun 26 2007 - 15:46:56 CDT

Hi,

On Tue, Jun 26, 2007 at 04:25:59PM -0400, Zhenwei Lu wrote:
> Hi, I got problems with making good quality stereo digram by VMD. First, I
> don't know which render program can process the text. POV doesn't work. PS
> can but get the picture without depth. so the picture looks always flat.Can
> some expert provide some protocol? OR some protocal to add text all
> sidebyside image.

If you want to capture your text labels, at present you'll have to use
the Snapshot renderer. If you're using VMD 1.8.6, you should be able to
get very nice Snapshot renderings using the GLSL rendering mode, assuming
you have a modern video card.

> by the way, the user manual for 1.8 is not updated for this part. all the
> comand are old and cannot be used for 1.8.5 version.(I tried)

Can you be more specific, I'm not really sure what you're trying to say here?
What version of VMD are you running? Each version of VMD has its own manual,
what section of the manual is giving you trouble? (Please give a URL to
the page)