From: John Stone (johns_at_ks.uiuc.edu)
Date: Tue Jun 26 2007 - 14:56:29 CDT

Hi,
  Can you be more specific about what you're looking for?
Are you referring to interactive parallel rendering, e.g. Chromium
style tiled displays, or are you referring to batch mode parallel
rendering of high resolution images and movies, e.g. Tachyon, POV-Ray, etc?
VMD includes Tachyon, which is my parallel/multiprocessor
ray tracer, which can use both shared memory or distributed memory
parallel computers. One can build custom versions of Tachyon to make
use of clusters etc.

Let us know if you have more specific questions.