From: John Stone (johns_at_ks.uiuc.edu)
Date: Wed Mar 07 2007 - 13:34:35 CST

Hi,
 Yes, this is a PDB containing multiple conformations.
If you use VMD 1.8.5 or one of the new VMD 1.8.6 test versions, you
can use the "Conformation" coloring method to clearly identify the
various conformations stored in the file. Beyond that, we provide
a few built-in atom selection macros to make it easy to view
or to select the various conformations in your scripts:
  conformationall (only the part that's shared between all conformations)
  conformationA
  conformaitonB

Using combinations of these selections, you can write out a
single-conformation PDB file, which is what psfgen and autopsf are
really looking for.

Let us know if you need more help with this.