From: Jan Saam (saam_at_charite.de)
Date: Mon Feb 05 2007 - 12:57:27 CST

Javaria,

the %mem=1gb line is the qmtool/paratool default and it has worked
several dozen times for me using G03 on a Unix system.
There are only two things I can imagine what went wrong:
1) For some reason the version you are using behaves differently
regarding the syntax. Try %mem=1GB, maybe that helps.
2) You have edited the file manually and some invisible special
character has slipped in which makes Gaussian choke. I have seen
Gaussian getting upset about additional whitespaces. Also blank lines
are an important delimiter for input sections. Make sure you don't have
too less or too many and that they are really blank.

I hope you can find the problem,

Jan

--
Jan Saam