From: wolfinbm_at_uci.edu
Date: Sun Feb 04 2007 - 22:20:41 CST

Hello
I am trying to save the positions of different PET molecules as I load
them up and drag them around. If I attempt to save a structure something
like this:

(PET=Polyethylene Terephthalate molecule)

PET PET PET PET
PET PET PET PET

as *.vmd

I end up with garbage when I reload, i.e. 8 molecules with all their atoms
in the same positions:

         PET <x8 in exact same position>

I also can't find any other save function that doesn't involve saving just
the information about a single molecule (it seems kind of ridiculous to
have a coordinate file for what could be thousands of PET molecules in the
membrane).

Thanks for any help
Matt Wolfinbarger