From: John Stone (johns_at_ks.uiuc.edu)
Date: Thu Feb 01 2007 - 16:02:46 CST

Craig,
  Those messages are coming out of one of the graphical interface
libraries that VMD uses. They are an internal debugging code that
Apple left in their MacOS X port of Tcl/Tk. (they are found in
the Tk source file tkMacOSXEvent.c in the Tcl/Tk distribution)
I don't know what the significance of the messages is either,
but they do seem to occur more frequently on the Intel Macs.
If these are extremely annoying, we could conceivably make a modified
version of the Tk source code and comment out the message printing,
since none of the VMD user's are likely to need/want those messages.
I had left Tk alone previously as sometimes it's good to know when
a component library is experiencing internal issues with a new platform
like MacOS X on the Intel based Macs. If you like, I'll see if I can
do a special build of Tk and hack the code to eliminate those messages.