From: Axel Kohlmeyer (akohlmey_at_cmm.chem.upenn.edu)
Date: Mon Jan 08 2007 - 19:10:39 CST

Christian Wohlschlager wrote:
> ** Reply Requested When Convenient **
>
> Hello !
>
> I ve compiled vmd 1.8.5 on SGI Prism (IA64) everything OK but on the
> vmd console a get many unaligned access errors, i ve comiled with gnu

are you seeing those from a real text console (i.e. not an xterm)?
those might be messages from the kernel (they do happen a lot on
IA64 machines). you can verify this by running 'dmesg | tail'
directly after you see one of these messages and compare the output.

if my assumption is true, you'd have to change the settings
in /proc/sys/kernel/printk. you need root access for that, though...

cheers,
    axel.