From: John Stone (johns_at_ks.uiuc.edu)
Date: Tue Oct 24 2006 - 13:11:11 CDT

Hi,
  Regarding your simulation question, I think you'll get a better response
by asking this to namd-l_at_ks.uiuc.edu which is the mailing list for NAMD.
Regarding making changes to your PDB file, I assume that what you need to do
there is set the "beta" or "occupancy" column with one or zero? If so,
then you can do something like this (I made up an arbitrary "forcesel"
selection, you'll have to use the right selection(s) for your specific case):
  mol new original.pdb
  set allsel [atomselect top "all"]
  $allsel set beta 0

  set forcesel [atomselect top "not water"]
  $forcesel set beta 1

  $allsel writepdb forces.pdb