From: Axel Kohlmeyer (akohlmey_at_cmm.chem.upenn.edu)
Date: Wed Sep 06 2006 - 11:46:23 CDT

On 9/6/06, pinisetty dinesh <pinisettydinesh_at_yahoo.com> wrote:
> Hi,
> I was wondering if its possible in VMD, to slice
> up a snapshot after loading .gro file. I want to store
> all the atom co-ordinates after slicing it up. Can

what do you mean by 'slicing up'?
picking a subset of atoms and then save only those?
this can be done with atomselection from the vmd console.

say you want to save all atoms with an x-value larger than 1.0:

set sel [atomselect top {x > 1.0}]
$sel writepdb slice1.pdb

of course this works for any kind of subset of atoms that
can be described by the atom selection language.

cheers,
  axel.