From: John Stone (johns_at_ks.uiuc.edu)
Date: Tue Aug 29 2006 - 12:55:03 CDT

Hi,
  Proxies are configured via the Tcl http package. You should be able
to configure your proxy in your VMD .vmdrc file with commands similar
to these:
  package require http
  ::http::config -proxyhost proxy.ks.uiuc.edu
  ::http::config -proxyport 80

The http package manual page is here:
  http://www.tcl.tk/man/tcl8.4/TclCmd/http.htm

I think that by doing the steps above, the problem with his multiseq
connections will go away. Please try that and let us know how it goes.