From: John Stone (johns_at_ks.uiuc.edu)
Date: Mon Aug 28 2006 - 11:28:06 CDT

Hi,
  When you loaded the AMBER trajectory, did you make sure to load it in
the correct mode? Some AMBER CRD trajectories have box information at
each timestep, and others do not. If you're getting strange atom indices
in your selections, you'll want to double check that you loaded the trajectory
correctly. (If it was a trajectory with box info, but you loaded it without,
then you'll see visible nonsense with bonding in the trajectory frames)
That's the main thing I'd suggest checking. Another thing you can do to
verfity correctness is to look at the system visually, make a new
obviously colored and sized VDW representation using the same
  "name O and resname WAT and within 2 of residue 0"
selection you used below, enable selection updates in the trajectory tab,
and use the trajectory timestep slider control to rock forward and back
through your trajectory to visually verify that you're actually selecting
the atoms that you think you are.