From: Axel Kohlmeyer (akohlmey_at_cmm.chem.upenn.edu)
Date: Wed Aug 23 2006 - 23:59:52 CDT

On Wed, 23 Aug 2006, Marc Charendoff wrote:

marc,

please see my reply to your previous mail.

http://www.ks.uiuc.edu/Research/vmd/mailing_list/vmd-l/7605.html

your .gro file is not conformant to the .gro sprecifications
(or at least according to what whoever wrote the gromacs
plugin thought they were). just add the correct box dimensions
(or some arbitrary numbers at the end of the file, and it
will work.

unfortunately, there is no easy way to make the gromacs plugin
more forgiving for this kind of omission, since that would
kill the support for .gro format trajectories in turn.

cheers,
  axel.