From: Peter Freddolino (petefred_at_ks.uiuc.edu)
Date: Tue Aug 22 2006 - 07:36:35 CDT

Hi Javier,
exactly how big are the files you're talking about? And how much memory
does your machine have? VMD should handle very large trajectories just
fine, but obviously can't open files that exceed your machine's
available memory. You may need to strip unnecessary atoms (like waters)
from your system or view it with a larger increment between frames. You
can use the bigdcd script
(http://www.ks.uiuc.edu/Research/vmd/script_library/scripts/bigdcd/) to
run analysis scripts on trajectories that are too big to fit, but
obviously this doesn't help with visualization.
Best,
Peter