From: John Stone (johns_at_ks.uiuc.edu)
Date: Wed Jul 26 2006 - 13:27:37 CDT

Fabian,
  I'm still working on making the NetCDF plugin run on Windows, this is
why you don't see it in the Windows versions of VMD 1.8.4 presently.
I hope to have a NetCDF plugin built for Windows in the VMD 1.8.5 release
if all goes well. Unlike the Unix versions, the Windows NetCDF builds
require some special handling not only in VMD itself, but also in the
VMD installation scripts etc, since there will have to be an extra
DLL file for the NetCDF library itself.

  John