From: John Stone (johns_at_ks.uiuc.edu)
Date: Tue Jul 04 2006 - 22:43:57 CDT

Hi,
  If your code yields a core dump, my guess is that you're running
your machine out of memory with your script(s). This is typically
caused by doing lots of atom selections in a loop without deleting them.
Your code should be sure to delete selections, e.g.:

loop out here...
  set sel [atomselect top all]
  .. more code
  $sel delete
end of loop

If you're not deleting selections, that can easily run your
machine out of memory very quickly.