From: Axel Kohlmeyer (akohlmey_at_cmm.chem.upenn.edu)
Date: Wed Jun 07 2006 - 07:01:03 CDT

On Wed, 7 Jun 2006, Come On wrote:

> Hi, all,

hi,

> First, thanks to Jone Stone's answer, and now I have got another two
> question in regarding to make the movie:
> 1) My system is protein in water, I want to represent the protein using CPK
> while the waters using points, I can do that by using creating rep. for a
> .pdb file, what I am asking is that how can I do that for a dl_poly HISTORY
> file, so that the movie i made will look much clear?

you can first load a .pdb file of your to get the stucture information,
then delete the corresponding coordinate frame and load the HISTORY
file 'into' the thusly created molecule. this is basically the same
as with .psf + .dcd combinations as shown in many tutorial examples,
but with the need to remove the coordinates associated with the .pdb.

> 2) I tried to use the movie maker for just export images, but can it
> captures only specified part of the screen instead of the whole screen?

no. you can either zoom in accordingly or post-process the rendered
images to show only the part of it. just look at how the postprocessing
is done in the moviemaker script using the netpbm utilities. you could
change that to use pnmcrop with the corresponding flags instead of
pnmsmooth and then just activate the 'smoothing'.

regards,
    axel.