From: John Stone (johns_at_ks.uiuc.edu)
Date: Fri Jun 02 2006 - 11:52:30 CDT

Robert,
  If you use VMD 1.8.4, you can actually use drag-and-drop to select all
of your 200 PDB files in your windowing system's file browser, and drag
them onto the main VMD window. If you then drop them there, VMD will load
them all in separate molecules. You may find that easier than using a
script. If you're comfortable using scripting you can just
type these commands to load all of the PDB files in a directory:

cd /to/my/pdb/files
foreach i [glob *.pdb] {
  mol new $i
}