From: Eric Hajjar (Eric.Hajjar_at_bccs.uib.no)
Date: Wed May 24 2006 - 02:48:31 CDT

John Stone wrote:

>Eric,
> Looks like a buggy nVidia driver to me. Can you try the
>nVidia Linux driver version 7676, that one works pretty well for us.
>
> John Stone
> vmd_at_ks.uiuc.edu

Hi,
I just finished installing this "nVidia Linux driver version 7676" on my
machine, indeed the "startup message" of VMD is now "clean":

Info) -------------------------------------------------------------
Info) Multithreading available, 2 CPUs detected.
Info) OpenGL renderer: GeForce 6800 LE/AGP/SSE2
Info) Features: STENCIL MSAA(4) RN MDE CVA NPOT PP PS GLSL(OVF)
Info) Full GLSL rendering mode is available.

However i stilll have the same problems 1) nothing appears on my screen
when i select the DrawingMethod: "Volume Slice" ;
and (worse) 2) No colors can be observed when i Choose "Volume" while in
the "IsoSurface" DrawingMethod (i can see the Silver-Contour though)

Is there an issue with the delphi maps i'm loading ?
or Do I have to play with the "parameters" (i tried various "color scale
data range"...) ?

Again thanks for your kind help/advice

Eric

PS: (note that i must use the type "grd" to load the ".phi" file
generated by Delphi)

rePS: (when the .phi file is loaded on top of the pdb molecule: the
message is ;
Info) Analyzing Volume...
Info) Grid size: 65x65x65 (4 MB)
Info) Total voxels: 274625
Info) Min: -153.424179 Max: 144.788269 Range: 298.212448
Info) Computing volume gradient map for smooth shading
Info) Added volume data, name=example3.phi : PHIMAP Electron Density Map
)

--