From: Nathan C. Rockwell (ncrockwell_at_ucdavis.edu)
Date: Fri Apr 21 2006 - 14:32:16 CDT

Hi all,

just wondering whether a couple of things that have been discussed on VMD-L
have been resolved in 1.8.4.

1. Has color-by-volume become possible for PowerPC Macs? I know it's not
running on my machine with 1.8.4, but I was curious as to whether that was
still expected or not. Last I heard, Apple was still trying to figure out
the problem.

2. Is the variable width for NewRibbons available in the 1.8.4 download?
This was discussed on the list about a month ago as a fairly early test
version, and I can't tell whether it was included in 1.8.4 or not.

3. Also, related to 2, how is the variable radius implemented? Does it
autoscale off of the actual range of B or occupancy values? Could it handle
signed input values?

Thanks,
nr