From: John Stone (johns_at_ks.uiuc.edu)
Date: Tue Apr 04 2006 - 14:43:58 CDT

Hi,
  Hmm. Did you install VMD according to the instructions in the
README file? (edit configure script; ./configure; cd src; make install; etc)
The other possibility for this sort of problem would be file permissions on
the installation directories. Take a look at all of that and let me know if
you're still having trouble getting things going.