From: John Stone (johns_at_ks.uiuc.edu)
Date: Wed Mar 08 2006 - 09:39:30 CST

Hi,
  You should be able to invoke the NAMD Energy plugin in VMD 1.8.4 from
the command line or from a script, with the same essential parameters that
you would have specified in the graphical interface. See the NAMD Energy
plugin web page:
  http://www.ks.uiuc.edu/Research/vmd/plugins/namdenergy/

Let us know if you need more help with that.