From: John Stone (johns_at_ks.uiuc.edu)
Date: Wed Feb 01 2006 - 14:29:15 CST

Ana,
  My understanding is that the first saved DCD frame in a NAMD job will
NOT be the intial conditions, but rather the "Nth" simulation timestep
if you're saving DCD frames every N timesteps. So you should not expect
to get exactly the same results from Stride on the secondary structure etc
unless very little has changed from the initial conditions. If you want the
initial conditions to be the first frame loaded in VMD, you can simply
load the PDB you started with before loading the subsequent DCD file(s)...