From: John Stone (johns_at_ks.uiuc.edu)
Date: Thu Jan 26 2006 - 14:24:30 CST

Hi,
  I don't know why the Tk widgets work fine in one LOCALE and not the other.
As I mentioned before, I haven't done much at all with internationalization,
and certainly not with FLTK or Tcl/Tk, so there may be various problems with
the way the Tk code is initializing itself when you're using another LOCALE
setting other than "C" or one of the western settings. Out of curiosity,
what was your LOCALE setting in both cases, and how did you change it in
your installation? (environment variable, or some system-wide setting
elsewhere?)

Thanks,