From: Vlad Cojocaru (Vlad.Cojocaru_at_eml-r.villa-bosch.de)
Date: Fri Jan 20 2006 - 03:59:35 CST

Dear John, vmders,

   Should the new vmd be able to load X-PLOR type grid files that were
created with ptraj grid command (from AMBER)? I gave it one try with
1.8.4a22 with the X-PLOR density map plugin but it didnt work.

Currently I am using Chimera for that purpose ... and I was wondering if
there is a way to do it with vmd?

I guess that the X-PLOR density map is different thing than an X-PLOR
formatted contour file that ptraj creates with the grid command...

If its not working now, maybe its a thing to consider for the future ...
of course if there is interest ..

Best
vlad

--