From: John Stone (johns_at_ks.uiuc.edu)
Date: Thu Jan 12 2006 - 10:07:41 CST

Syma,
  Your script isn't closing the output file when it finishes, which may
explain why you're getting random incomplete output. You need to add:
  close $outfile

To the end of your script.

Also, if you're running the script in batch mode as part of a larger
script the loads the files etc, you'll need to make sure that you use
the "waitfor all" option when loading trajectory data with "mol new" or
"mol addfile" so that VMD doesn't allow your script to continue until
all of the trajectory frames are loaded.