From: Cheng Luo, Ph.D. (cluo_at_wistar.org)
Date: Fri Dec 16 2005 - 11:52:18 CST

Dear VMD users,

I am new user of VMD, I tried to compile VMD in my SGI and Linux. It seems ok in the installation. However, when I started with vmd, it tell me "then: then/endif not found"
I attached the procedure I installed vmd for your refer.

[cluo_at_titan vmd-1.8.4a22]$ ./configure
using configure.options: LINUX OPENGL ACTC FLTK TK IMD SPACEBALL LIBTACHYON VRPN TCL PYTHON PTHREADS NUMPY SILENT
[cluo_at_titan vmd-1.8.4a22]$ cd src
[cluo_at_titan src]$ ls
config.h Makedata.depend Makefile Makefile.swig*
[cluo_at_titan src]$ make install
Make sure /marmor4/progs1/pub/vmd184linux/bin/vmd is in your path.
VMD installation complete. Enjoy!
[cluo_at_titan src]$ vi ~cluo/.cshrc
I modified the .cshrc
[cluo_at_titan ~]$ which vmd
vmd: aliased to /marmor4/progs1/pub/vmd184linux/bin/vmd
[cluo_at_titan ~]$ cd /marmor4/progs1/pub/vmd184linux/bin/
[cluo_at_titan bin]$ ls
vmd*
[cluo_at_titan bin]$ vmd
then: then/endif not found.

I tried other versions, they all told me same problems. In addition, I tried in SGI, both results.
So could any one tell me how to solve it?

Cheng Luo, Ph.D.
Room 327,3601 Spruce Street
The Wistar Institute
PA(19104) USA