From: John Stone (johns_at_ks.uiuc.edu)
Date: Fri Dec 09 2005 - 10:10:20 CST

Hi,
  I believe he was interested in using 'babelplugin', which requires that
you have Babel installed as well. If you open VMD and open the files menu
with File->New Molecule, and use the file type selector to look down in the
"Convert From" options at the very bottom of the list, all of those
"Convert From" options are based on the use of Babel. If there's a native
VMD plugin for a particular file format, then Babel isn't normally used,
but there are a number of file types that can be loaded into VMD using the
automatic Babel translator plugin that some people still find very handy.