From: John Stone (johns_at_ks.uiuc.edu)
Date: Wed Dec 07 2005 - 17:08:21 CST

Hi,
  Which version of VMD are you running?
If you're running one of the recent test versions, I've found
(and just fixed) a bug in the APBS plugin that caused it not to
find the radii.dat file that VMD uses to assign radii and charge
information and generate a .pqr file automatically when it runs the job.
If you're running one of the recent test versions, try replacing your
apbsrun.tcl script with the new one I've attached to this email.
The installed apbsrun script is normally found (On unix machines) in:
  /usr/local/lib/vmd/plugins/noarch/tcl/apbsrun1.1/apbsrun.tcl

Rename the old one to apbsrun.bak and then copy in the new one and
try re-running your APBS job.

Let me know if that solves your problem or not.