From: Cojocaru,Vlad (vlad.cojocaru_at_eml-r.villa-bosch.de)
Date: Tue Dec 06 2005 - 16:34:13 CST

Its me again,

 As I told you before I tried again to install python 2.2.3 and Numeric 22.0 from source. I did that with enabling _tkinter in the Modules/Setup file.. It alll worked out fine ... I had no errors upon import _tkinter or import Numeric.

However, again if I run vmd-1.8.3 or 1.8.4a22 I get exactly the same error that I posted to you in my previous email (the one obtained with the py libs on the vmd site)...

I tried again vmd 1.8.2 but again it didint work .. I guess it doesnt on 64bits platform ... (at least the gui doesnt start and it crashes)

So, I dont know I guess I should wait until the bug in vmd will be fixed ...

Cheers
vlad