From: Charles McCallum (mmccallum_at_pacific.edu)
Date: Thu Oct 27 2005 - 15:46:22 CDT

It turns out that what I suspected was correct --- that VMD will put
the axes at the *apparent" origin, not the global (0,0,0) origin.
On the one hand, I understand the utility of automagically centering
off-center coords, but perhaps the axes should really go at
the global (0,0,0), not the apparent....
Knowing how to check centers (thanks Marc!) helps.

Once I realized that and actually recentered the molecule, I got what
I wanted:

Cheers,

Mike

--