From: Stephen P. Molar, Ph.D. (s.molnar_at_sbcglobal.net)
Date: Thu Oct 20 2005 - 15:05:26 CDT

John:

Thanks for the reply.

All that I did for the new version was change one digit in the path in the KDE
menu item; that is I changed it from

'/home/computation/CompChem/vmd-1.8.4a20/bin/vmd'

'/home/computation/CompChem/vmd-1.8.4a22/bin/vmd'

and vmd failed to open. If I change the one digit back vmd opens.

On impulse, I just created a new menu item for a22. It doesn't work either.
Yet the origional menu item, for a20, works.

Very strange.

This is hardly critical, as far as my using the new version is concerned. I
can always open it in a console.