From: John Stone (johns_at_ks.uiuc.edu)
Date: Thu Oct 20 2005 - 14:14:56 CDT

Stephen,
  There shouldn't be any difference at all between a20 and a22 as far as
startup scripts go. I'd suggest double-checking your KDE menu item and
make sure there's nothing unusual going on there. If it starts when you
call the startup script manually, then it may be something KDE-specific that
is giving you trouble.