From: Chang, Christopher (Christopher_Chang_at_nrel.gov)
Date: Tue Oct 04 2005 - 20:05:48 CDT

Sam,

   You could do a compound selection by residue index and atom index. If
it were Met 97 and the errant carbon atom number 1170 (indexed from 1 in
the PDB), something like

set sel [atomselect top "resid 97 or index 1169"]
$sel writepdb example.pdb

should include both the Met residue and the carbon. Atom indexing is
from 0, so it would be 1169 rather than 1170.

Chris

Christopher H. Chang, Ph.D.
Research Associate
National Renewable Energy Laboratory