From: Jen-Chang Chen (jcc67_at_caece.net)
Date: Mon Sep 26 2005 - 07:56:53 CDT

Dear John,
Thank you very much for your kind help.
Let me list my information.
In ceramics or mineralogy field, we usually demonstrate the crystal data
in polyhedral style.
For example, SiO4 and AlO4 is the tetrahedra and AlO6 is the octrahedra.
Enclosed are the simple representations for the shapes.
If you need more information, I will send it to you ASAP.
Best regards,
James

John Stone wrote:

>Hi,
> Anything is possible if we have enough information in the loaded structure
>to build such a representation. If you can email me more information about
>what you have in mind, I'll take a look at it and let you know what I'd need
>to implement such a feature. It's possible this could be done with a plugin
>even with existing versions of VMD, but I'll know better once you tell me
>more about the specific requirements you have in mind.
>
> John Stone
> vmd_at_ks.uiuc.edu
>
>On Wed, Sep 14, 2005 at 04:58:30PM +0800, Jen-Chang Chen wrote:
>

>>Hi all,
>>I study MD simulation on ceramics and minerals. I always utilize VMD to
>>show my work. It's a very fantastic visualization tool.
>>Because of studying minerals and ceramics, polyhedral representation of
>>a crystal structure, e.g. tetrahedra or octahedra, is probably clearer
>>than other representation method. Would it be possible to create a
>>drawing method for the polyhedral representation?
>>Thank you very much.
>>Cheers,
>>James

tetrahedra.gif octahedra.gif