From: Axel Kohlmeyer (axel.kohlmeyer_at_theochem.ruhr-uni-bochum.de)
Date: Sun Aug 21 2005 - 06:05:53 CDT

On Sat, 20 Aug 2005 22:43:55 -0400 Bob Johnson wrote:

bob,

please try looking through the mailing list archives at:

http://www.ks.uiuc.edu/Research/vmd/mailing_list/vmd-l/

this issue has come up before and there were several
possible reasons, IIRC.

best regards,
        axel.

> Hello everyone,
> I just installed Fedora 4 and am trying to run VMD. However, upon running VMD
,
> the VMD main console briefly flashes on the screen and then disappears. It
> seems that VMD crashes as soon as it is opened. No error is displayed in the
> shell. I am using an ATI Radeon 9800 video card. Does anyone know how to fix
> this?
> Thanks,
> Bob Johnson

Axel Kohlmeyer      e-mail:  axel.kohlmeyer_at_theochem.ruhr-uni-bochum.de
Lehrstuhl fuer Theoretische Chemie          Phone: ++49 (0)234/32-26673
Ruhr-Universitaet Bochum - NC 03/53         Fax:   ++49 (0)234/32-14045
D-44780 Bochum                   http://www.theochem.ruhr-uni-bochum.de