From: Guanglei Cui (cuigl_at_psu.edu)
Date: Thu Aug 11 2005 - 12:32:32 CDT

Hi,

The python looks something like this ...

import ....
import ...

for frame in range(0, 10):
   set_frame(0, frame)
   closewat = AtomSel("resname CGW and all within 5 of resid 1 to 8000",
0, frame)
   print frame, len(closewat)

In the first place, I thought it was memory issue because my trajectory
file is quite big. Then I found out it only happens to some frames. The
script wouldn't work even if I only have one such frame loaded. However,
all of this was observed with VMD on OSX (512MB memory). In windows ( a
machine with a 1GB memory), this didn't occur. The equivalent Tcl script
worked fine for the problematic frame I tested. So at this point, I
don't know what causes this. Thanks.

Regards,

--
Guanglei