From: John Stone (johns_at_ks.uiuc.edu)
Date: Fri Jul 08 2005 - 12:48:39 CDT

Hi,
  Sounds like you've somehow got your text editor associated with
script files by default, which is why it would load automatically like that.
I'll ask around and see if our local Mac whiz knows how this could happen
and how to fix it. This would cause you problems with other programs as well.
Very strange.