From: John Stone (johns_at_ks.uiuc.edu)
Date: Tue Jun 28 2005 - 19:26:28 CDT

Hi,
  I'm not precisely sure which colors you're referring to.
If you're saying that the atom type changes each frame, and you've
got VMD set to color by atom type, then that's not going to work since
VMD assumes that an atom with a given index retains the same type, for
all frames in a trajectory. On the other hand, if you have some time
varying property you wish to display, you can load this into the "user"
field of your trajectory, and set VMD to color by "user" and it will
re-color the atoms each timestep. Let us know if you need help with
this.