From: John Stone (johns_at_ks.uiuc.edu)
Date: Tue Jun 21 2005 - 09:40:22 CDT

Ilja,
  I do use gcc 3.3 on my 10.3 build machine, I haven't started using
gcc 4.0 yet. The issues with the math library are part of the core OS
and header changes from 10.2 to 10.3. I know, because we had to change
how VMD was compiled for 10.3, adding that libmx to the link line since
Apple changed some things in 10.3 with where some math library routines
were kept. There wasn't a libmx in 10.2, if I recall correctly.