From: Carlos Simmerling (carlos_at_ilion.bio.sunysb.edu)
Date: Wed May 11 2005 - 10:34:22 CDT

Hi John,
I just got this sort of figured out but didn't know how to mail a
reply to my own post. You're right, it's the nvidia drivers,
not the athlon64. I had been using 71.84.

I read another post about issues with the linux driver and quadros
so I tried both a new leaked driver (76.50) and an old one (67.22).
76.50 did not work but 67.22 does, so I think it might be the same
quad strips problem you mentioned.
thanks a lot for the quick reply!
Carlos

Carlos L. Simmerling, Ph.D.
Associate Professor Phone: (631) 632-1336
Center for Structural Biology Fax: (631) 632-1555
Stony Brook University Web: http://comp.chem.sunysb.edu/carlos
Stony Brook, NY 11794-5115 E-mail: carlos.simmerling_at_stonybrook.edu