From: John Stone (johns_at_ks.uiuc.edu)
Date: Wed May 11 2005 - 10:28:18 CDT

Hi Carlos,
  What version of the nVidia drivers are you running on that
machine? Do you experience a crash with any other representation?
I've been hearing of some problems with nVidia drivers recently
from around the molecular graphics community (not just VMD),
it's possible that you're a victim of this recent phenomina.
What does VMD print in the text console when it first
starts up? If you can send me the startup messages, that would
be very helpful.

Thanks,