From: John Stone (johns_at_ks.uiuc.edu)
Date: Fri Mar 11 2005 - 17:17:37 CST

Hi,
  At the present time there's no way to modulate transparency
by the volumetric data values. I'm currently working on writing
GLSL shaders for volume rendering, and this is something that might
fit into that code however. It's a good idea, I just don't have a
nice way of implementing this in standard OpenGL for various reasons.
I'll see if I can implement this in the GLSL shader I write.