From: Peter Holm (Peter.Holm_at_mbfys.lu.se)
Date: Mon Mar 07 2005 - 15:42:40 CST

Dear list-readers,
I wish to display only a selected set of residues created as a separate selection where the side chains are sticking out from the "new ribbons" object without main chain CO and NH disturbing the view. So I did the following selections:

"residue 47 45 44 40 and not backbone"

"residue 47 45 44 40 and alpha"

This results in the view I wish to have when visualising the selection with licorice except that the Ca-Cb bond is missing. Any hints on how I can get the side chain visualised from Ca and "outwards" are most welcome and appreciated?

Regards

Peter

Peter Holm, Ph.D. Student
Molecular Biophysics
Center for Chemistry and Chemical Engineering
Lund University
P.O.B. 124
SE-22100 Lund
SWEDEN