From: Dallas Warren (dallas.warren_at_vcp.monash.edu.au)
Date: Wed Feb 23 2005 - 16:23:33 CST

John,

> So from what you sent below, it looks like your ATI card runs ok
>when VMD doesn't ask for any OpenGL extensions. Next thing to try
>on this card is:
> unsetenv VMDSIMPLEGRAPHICS
> setenv VMD_EXCL_GL_EXTENSIONS "GL_ARB_multisample GL_SGIS_multisample
> GL_ARB_multitexture GL_ARB_texture_non_power_of_two
> GL_EXT_multi_draw_arrays GL_ARB_shading_language_100
> GL_ARB_shader_objects GL_ARB_vertex_shader GL_ARB_fragment_shader
> GL_ARB_point_sprite GL_SUN_mesh_array GL_EXT_compiled_vertex_array
> GL_SUN_read_video_pixels GL_SUN_global_alpha GL_ARB_point_parameters"
>Try setting that environment variable, then run VMD again and let me know
>if it survives or not. From there, we can figure out which OpenGL extension
>or feature is causing the ATI driver to go wacko.

Segmentation fault again.

Do I go through a remove one of those GL options at a time?

Catch ya,

Dr. Dallas Warren
Lecturer
Department of Pharmaceutical Biology and Pharmacology
Victorian College of Pharmacy, Monash University
381 Royal Parade, Parkville VIC 3010
dallas.warren_at_vcp.monash.edu.au
+61 3 9903 9083